Add Gmail Account in Outlook 2007 Using IMAP
1. First log into your Gmail account and open the Settings panel. Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab and select Enabled IMAP radio button and save changes.
2. Next open Outlook 2007, click on the Next button and go to the Auto Account Setup window. Check the check box Manually Configure Server Setting or Additional Server Types then click Next.
3. Select Internet E-mail radio button on Choose E-mail Service window and then click Next
– OR –
Click on Next button if Internet E-mail radio button is already selected
4. Enter the below information on Internet E-mail Setting window:
Your Name: [Example: Mr. Manish ]
E-mail Address: [Example: email@example.com]
Account Type: [Select IMAP from drop-down list]
Incoming mail server: [Example: imap.gmail.com]
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): [Example: smtp.gmail.com]
User Name: [Example: firstname.lastname@example.org]
Password: [Enter your Gmail password]
Un-check ‘Require logon using secure password Authentication (SPA)’ check box
5. Now click on More Settings… button
6. Click on Outgoing Server tab and check the check box ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’
7. Click on Advanced tab and provide the below details:
Incoming server (IMAP): 993
Select SSL under ‘Use the following types of encrypted connection:’ drop-down list
Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
Select TLS under ‘Use the following types of encrypted connection:’ drop-down list
8. Click on OK button
9. Now click on Test Account Settings… button
Wait for a moment to complete the test, once it is done and status showing as completed then click on close button
Note: You might get error message during test account settings because some time Gmail is not allowing Less secure apps to access the Gmail account. In such cases please follow the mention steps.
10. Click on Next button on ‘Internet E-mail Settings window’
11. Click on Finish button to complete the Gmail setup
Now MS Outlook 2007 is ready to Send/Receive E-mail from Gmail account.