Add Gmail Account in Thunderbird using POP3
Add Gmail Account in Thunderbird using POP3: After installing Thunderbird on your system, it’s prompting you to configure E-mail account on Mail Account Setup window.
1. Open Mozilla Thunderbird and Navigate to Tools -> Account Settings
2. Then click on Account Action and select Add Mail Account…
3. Enter the below details on Mail Account Setup window:
Your Name: [Example: Mr. Manish ]
Email Address: [Example: email@example.com]
Password: [Enter your Gmail password]
4. Click on Continue button
5. Select POP3 (keep mail on your computer) radio button and click on Manual Config button
6. Select all the mandatory information as it is showing on the below image and click on Done button
You might get error message during test account settings because Gmail is not allowing Less secure apps to access the Gmail account. In such cases please follow the mention steps.
Check the checkbox Permanently store this exception on Add Security Exception window and click on Confirm Security Exception button
– OR –
You can resolve this issue by clicking on the below link:
Your Gmail account now has been configured. Send a test mail to your configured Gmail using Thunderbird to make sure that Gmail account has been configured correctly.
Now you are able to send/receive mail from Mozilla Thunderbird.